Please note that the blog hop is now finished.
Over the next couple of days I will be taking part in The Literary Giveaway Blog Hop, which is kindly hosted by Leeswammes’ Blog. This time, 50 different book blogs will be offering giveaways of various literary delights, and all of the books on offer will be literary fiction or something with a bit of literary merit (for example poetry or non-fiction).
From today (Saturday 27th of October) until Wednesday the 31st of October, you can hop on over to the 50 different book blogs which are all taking part in the giveaway too. Click on the links in the list at the bottom of this post to see what they’re offering and discover some brilliant new book blogs!
The last time the blog hop was running, I was lucky enough to win two books so for my first ever book giveaway I decided it would be lovely to return the favour. I will be giving away two books, which are open to readers worldwide, so long as The Book Depository delivers to your country (check here to see if your country is one of them).
The books on offer from my blog are as follows *cue drumroll*…
1. And the Land Lay Still by James Robertson
And the Land Lay Still was the first book that I read this year and the first book that I reviewed for my blog. It left a lasting impression and I think it really is a modern Scottish classic, encompassing a myriad of aspects of Scottish culture, characters and politics. Click here for my full review.
2. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
The History of Love is one of my favourite books of those I have read this year. I loved Krauss’ style of writing, the moments of beauty throughout the novel, and its exploration of loss and love and how humans cope with both in different ways. Thinking back to it now makes me want to read it all over again! Read my review of it here.
You can enter the giveaway to win either one or both of the books. To enter, please read the rules and then leave a comment below.
1. You do not have to have a blog to enter this giveaway – it is open to everyone.
2. You need a post-office recognised address where you can receive packages, in a country that The Book Depository delivers to.
3. You do not have to be a follower or become a follower, although if you like my blog I hope you will! You can follow by email (see the Follow button in the side bar on the right).
4. Leave a comment below – please include the title of which book(s) you’d like to receive in your comment and an email address where I can contact you if you win.
5. You can enter the giveaways until Wednesday, October the 31st, after which I will close my giveaway.
6. Please note that double or invalid entries will be removed.
7. I will notify the winners by email. If you’re lucky enough to be a winner please answer my email within 3 days; if no reply is received by then I’ll announce a new winner.
8. The books will be sent out from The Book Depository.
I think that covers everything – good luck, and thank you for dropping in on my blog!