Over the next couple of days I will be taking part in The Literary Giveaway Blog Hop, which is kindly hosted by Leeswammes’ Blog. This time, 42 different book blogs will be offering giveaways of various literary delights, and all of the treats on offer will be literary fiction.
From today (Saturday 8th of February) until Wednesday the 12th of February, you can hop on over to the different book blogs which are all taking part in the giveaway too. Click on the links in the list at the bottom of this post to see what they’re offering and discover some brilliant new book blogs!
I will be giving away a copy of one of the books below. The competition is open to readers worldwide, so long as The Book Depository delivers to your country (check here to see if your country is one of them). The books you can choose from are three of my favourite books by female writers from my top 13 books of 2013 *cue drumroll*…
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
From my review: ‘Ursula is born on a snowy winter’s night, and as the cord is wrapped around her neck she draws what will be the first of her last breaths. This is a story of multiple chances at life and explores that notion of ‘What if?’ which I find fascinating…’
Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussman
From my review: ‘Nick and her cousin Helena open the novel in a heatwave, dancing and drinking on their lawn as they look forward to their lives restarting. From the offset, the book is sultry, you can feel the heat and imagine the moonlit nights and salty air and feel the women’s excitement… It’s a heady book to get wrapped up in…’
The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
From my review: ‘The novel opens with fifteen-year-old Anais Hendricks on her way to the Panopticon, a care home for young offenders in rural Scotland somewhere… [but now] Anais is fighting back, trying to reclaim her life and live out opportunities that never seemed to be available for her.’
I will be giving away one book from the selection above to the lucky winner so please do let me know which book you would like to receive in the comments below. To enter, please leave a comment below with your email address – after the competition closes I’ll pick a winner using Random.org and notify the winner by email.
As for other requirements, please read the following rules:
1. You do not have to have a blog to enter this giveaway – it is open to everyone.
2. You need a post-office recognised address where you can receive packages, in a country that The Book Depository delivers to.
3. You do not have to be a follower or become a follower, although if you like my blog I hope you will! You can follow by email (see the Follow button in the side bar on the right).
4. Leave a comment below – please include the title of which book you’d like to receive in your comment and an email address where I can contact you if you win.
5. You can enter the giveaways until Wednesday, February the 12th, after which I will close my giveaway.
6. Please note that double or invalid entries will be removed.
7. I will notify the winners by email. If you’re lucky enough to be a winner please answer my email within 3 days; if no reply is received by then I’ll announce a new winner.
8. The books will be sent out from The Book Depository.
I think that covers everything – good luck, thank you for dropping in on my blog and I hope to see you again soon!